Sunday, September 12, 2010

Another week off the calendar

Haven't been able to get proper sleep these few weeks. I think I might be having Insomnia. Nawt. -___-

Dear active mind, how I hate you sometimes. Stop playing tricks on me will you? ):


I've always had troubles sleeping. I can't sleep when there's noise, or when the light is turned on. And, when I do try going back to sleep after getting up, it takes forever. Each time I try to sleep, there's a high chance of my mind playing phases of my life like a DVD player. And usually, these short clips of my life include the ways I see my future, the way I want it to be; the people I'd be with, what I'd do, where I'd go... It's like I'm a director of my own movie (life). Well, I guess I could put it that way. The outcome of my future is going to be exactly the way I plan it to be. I bet the same applies to everyone else. Minus the plans that God has made for us, how we want to live our lives, that's really up to us.


I went to bed at around 11pm cos:
A) I wanted to sleep earlier for a change

B) there wasn't any Internet connection


By 1am, I was still wide awake. Gosh, I really do think there's something wrong with me. Each time I tell myself 'Go to sleep!', it doesn't work. And my mind ends up playing a scene of my 'future' or it starts playing a really catchy tune. Maybe the best solution would be to stop listening to songs... Okay, on second thought, that's probably the worst solution ever! I mean, how can someone like me ever ever ever stop listening to music? I know right?


I find it interesting (funny) how our brain works. Maybe I should change my major to Psychology. Maybe I should stop using the word 'maybe'. It's starting to get on my nerves now. =.= Ah well, that's Michelle for you. Always having a bit of interest in everything. Having GREAT interest in ONE thing, is more of a rare occassion. Still not too sure if Pharmacy's really what I want. I envy those who have their minds set on which course they'd like to take up.


Anyway, back to the topic. Talking about brains, I've always wondered how our brains pick only certain things to remember. Like, why can't it store every single detail of what we've been through or what we've done. Why, when we choose to forget, our brain doesn't permit it? And the same goes for dreams. There are times when we can still remember the sweet/sour things that our brain chooses to play while we're sleeping. And then you get times when you wake up panting or with wet eyes, clueless about what had happened. And no, I've never experieced any pantings after waking up from a dream. Watery eyes, definitely. It's about time someone invented an 'external hard drive' to store all those memories. Or is it already in the market?? -__-

Friday (17th Sept) is BBQ day. Hopefully it doesn't rain then, so we wouldn't have to be stuck outside of TUU.
*crosses fingers

#61

2 comments:

Charis said...

How about not being able to sleep on the night before a test? Try that. I had to take caffeine all morning to not fall asleep during my Physics test. I didn't even study during my bout of insomnia because I was afraid that if I studied I wouldn't ever be able to go to sleep again. Paranoia.

It isn't that great to have your mind set on one thing. Especially if that one thing is expensive. Not to mention that I love learning about everything, so my attention span lasts five seconds because that's the only way I can accommodate such a hobby.

Look on the bright side, though. You've only got a few months of this left. Have fun. :)

Michelle said...

LOL. At least you've got a path in front of you. I remind myself of that dude in 'The Road Not Taken'. Which is kinda sad, don't you think? :S

How did your tests go?