Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

Finally back in Hobart after a long day's travel. Had 4 hours of rest the night before. All thanks to my dearest siblings who vow to make me stay awake, depriving me of my much needed sleep.

Was airsick the whole way through to Melbourne from Auckland. And was on the verge of vom-ing, again. Experienced turbulence in all 3 flights today. Probs explains my airsickness.

So much has happened today. Events too embarrassing to spell, but too funny (only when I look back) to not share out. Hmm so let's see.

#1
What I didn't know: For all departures out of Hamilton, a domestic departure fee of $5 applies.
What I did: Went to the boarding gate without the coupon and had to walk to the bookstore to purchase one, when everyone else had one.

Almost everyone who boarded this plane was wearing a coat, had nice shiny working shoes, carried a suitcase and looked professional. I was the only kid there. Ngehehe

#2
When at Melbourne airport.
Lady at the check-in counter:  So where are you headed to?
And I say 'Melbourne' aloud.
Bravo.

So, at this point, I do blame my lack of sleep. It's an exceptional chore when you've to force yourself to stay awake and alert, especially when you're at an airport. Alone.

Ok, so I'll stop at #2. Imma have to give in to physical and mental exhaustion and retire to bed early.
Nights. And hello 2nd sem!

No comments: