Saturday, February 26, 2011

Curse or Coincidence?

My new pair of slippers that I got just a few weeks back are finally wearing out. Thus, the reason I slipped and fell while on the bus. And no, it wasn't the driver's fault. The bus was parked, stationary, and on my way off the bus, I fell right on my butt, just like that. Overwhelmed by slight embarrassment, I ignored the warm, out-stretched hands and concern of a kind Samaritan. I blurted out a 'Sorry' and made my way out of the bus. Till this point, I remain clueless of the reason behind my apologising.

I do recall two 'falling' incidents I've experienced. One being me missing a shallow drain and me tripping over it (2008). Another involving a flight of stairs, in which I conveniently slided down a few steps and landed, again, on my butt (2010). I do hope this is nothing, but pure coincidence.

To the guy who asked if I was alright, you've no idea how grateful I am for that. God bless you always.

No comments: